Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Failed; early

With only about 2 weeks left, I am 100% sure that I'm not going to reach my goal to get to a size 16. Looking back, I know my biggest problem is portion control.

Knowing that I didn't make, what could have been an easy goal, has me kinda bummed out. It's killed off what motivation and confidence I had gained in the last month. It's even affecting my thinking in regards to cleaning out my closet of clothes I bought but never wore. I'll probably do a mini-purge.

In an effort to cheer myself up, I did purchase new shoes. All of the black pumps I own are ill-fitting. I finally found a pair that look very nice on my feet, and they STAY on my feet when walking.

2 comments:

chrissieB said...

Karen said: "It's killed off what motivation and confidence I had gained in the last month"

Sadly, I found that portion control is only part of the battle!

I actuaully had to start some serious exercise as well. I am a size 16 for skirts and trousers, but even after losing pretty much all of my fat, my top half won't go below an 18.

To be honest, I've found that as long as one is around 5' 6" or so, a size 18 or even 20 does NOT look too heavy.

chrissie.
xxx

Karen said...

@chrissie
It appears that a UK size 18 is US size 16.